Tamarack’s work requires all different types of supplies. Many of these items can be found in your own home!
Visit our Amazon wish list for more great ideas of items you can send directly to our patients:
- Liquid laundry detergent for High Efficiency Machines (HE)
- Water bottles for small mammals
- 10 gallon tanks/aquariums for small mammals (used is fine),
- 10 gallon tank screen lids for mammals
- Duct Tape
- Mixed Bird Seed
- Black Oil Sunflower Seed
- Thistle Seed for finches
- Wood Pine Shavings for bedding
- Forever Stamps
- Old Pillow Cases, Flat Sheets, Baby Blankets
- Sterile Saline or Lactated Ringers (up to 2.5 dextrose) IV bags
- Cardboard Boxes (esp. computer printer size) for temporarily housing birds
- Vetwrap, Coflex or similar product: 2”, and ½” widths.
- Laptop Computer
- Trail Camera
- Baby monitor with video screen (allows visiting public to view wildlife without being seen)
- Other animal and livestock equipment (contact us to see what our needs are)
Think outside the box- Because Tamarack is a unique place, it offers unique ways to help. Here are a few:
- Live minnows—we often treat birds that require live fish, but these are extremely expensive to purchase. Donated minnows are a huge help.
- Frozen fish and venison for birds of prey. Do you have a freezer full of last year’s crappie or deer steaks? Give it to Tamarack!
- Fresh produce is a staple in the diets of many mammals and songbirds. Check to see what our needs are at any given time of year.
Contact us at 814-763-2574 to schedule a time to drop off donations at our Saegertown location.