Tamarack’s work requires all different types of supplies. Many of these items can be found in your own home!
Visit our Amazon wish list for more great ideas of items you can send directly to our patients (https://tinyurl.com/tamarackwild)
Do your personal online shopping through Smile.Amazon.com or Igive and designate TWC as the organization you’d like to support. At no additional cost to you, Tamarack will receive a financial donation!
Think outside the box- Because Tamarack is a unique place, it offers unique ways to help. Here are a few:
- Fresh produce is a staple in the diets of many mammals and songbirds. Check to see what our needs are at any given time of year.
- Frozen fish and venison for birds of prey. Do you have a some of last year’s crappie or deer steaks? We may be able to use it! (Must not be freezer burned; no ground meat.)
- Live minnows—we often treat birds that require live fish, but these are extremely expensive to purchase. Donated minnows can be a huge help. Call to see if we are currently in need.
Contact us to schedule a time to drop off donations at our Saegertown location.
Things We Always Need
- Paper Towels
- Dawn Dish Detergent
- Liquid laundry detergent for High-Efficiency Machines (HE)
- Trash bags, 30 gallon
- Fresh fruit/veggies/greens (call to verify what is needed)
- Nuts in the shell
- Antlers/antler pieces
- Puppy pads
- Duct Tape
- Mixed Bird Seed
- Black Oil Sunflower Seed
- Thistle Seed for finches
- Wood Pine or Ash Shavings for bedding (not Cedar)
- Forever Stamps
- Pillow Cases, Flat Sheets, Baby Blankets (used, clean)
- Sterile Saline or Lactated Ringers (up to 2.5 dextrose) IV bags
- Vetwrap, Coflex or similar product: 2”, and ½” widths.
- Sterile Saline or Lactated Ringers (IV bags)
- Gauze pads for wound cleaning
- Gently used small stuffed animals to adapt and reuse for ambassador and patient wildlife enrichment
- Other animal and livestock equipment (contact us to see what our needs are)